Saturday, November 26, 2011

Samsung Captivate Glide thumbs-on review: Keyboard bummer



Credit: Josh Miller




AT&T's Samsung Captivate Glide is one of the carrier's two new Android-toting slider phones (the other is the Samsung DoubleTime.)

The Captivate Glide looks and feels like a member of the Samsung Galaxy S II pack, albeit a lesser model, with slightly more modest specs. There are still 4G speeds to be had with the HSPA+ network, and a dual core processor running the show with Android Gingerbread. However, there are also a couple of design flaws I had a hard time looking past, like the weak link of the keyboard, a bad Achilles heel to have if the keyboard forms your entire sliding form factor.

Still, if flat keys don't bother you as much as they bother me, the $150 purchase point is a fair one and the smartphone definitely delivers. Watch the video, see the photos, and discover more pros and cons in the full Samsung Captivate Glide review.

1 comment:

  1. There are a lot of phones out there that are competing to the best, but I think the Captivate Glide by Samsung is the only one speaking to the customer. This phone is great phone people who prefer a slide out keyboard over the touch screen and it is super fast with its dual core processor and 4G speeds. That is why I know the Samsung Captivate Glide will go great with my employee Sling adapter from DISH Network. With the Sling adapter, I can stream live and recorded TV to my Android phone everywhere I have 3G coverage or WiFi. I can also set DVR timers on my receiver at home from my phone with the DISH Remote Access app. Sling adapter are free to all new and existing DISH customers, so why not get one?

    ReplyDelete